From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] blocked packages com_err ss e2fsprogs during stage3
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:38:21
1 Dio, James wrote:
2 > I had initially set out to create a new livecd, but ran into problems
3 > with blocks involving com_err ss e2fsprogs. I then realized that
4 > creating a livecd with a recent snapshot (Nov 20 2008) and the 2008.0
5 > stage 3 wasn't the best way to go.
6 >
7 > I set out to create new stage 1, 2 and 3 tarballs. I was able to create
8 > the stage 1 and 2 (using the new snapshot) and am running into problems
9 > attempting stage3.
10 >
11 > Stage3 fails and below are the last few lines:
12 >
13 > [ebuild N ] sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2
14 > [blocks B ] sys-libs/ss (is blocking sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
15 > [blocks B ] <sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.41 (is blocking
16 > sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41
17 > .2)
18 > [blocks B ] sys-libs/com_err (is blocking
19 > sys-libs/e2fsprogs-libs-1.41.2)
20 > * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
21 > * installed at the same time on the same system.
22
23 If you're encountering blockers, then you did not build your seed stage2 (or
24 stage1) correctly. The initial stage1 you built should have already had
25 e2fsprogs-libs and the new e2fsprogs from the start. The fact that you're
26 hitting the blocker tells me that your stage 1 or 2 was still using the 2008.0
27 snapshot instead of the one you're trying to build the stage3 with.
28
29 You need to make sure you build *everything* with the same snapshot to prevent
30 issues like this.
33 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
34 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead