From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Files inside /home/user
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:48:05
1 On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 16:38 +0200, Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 > Hello everybody.
3 >
4 > In my LiveCD, I have got about 100 MB of data inside the the user
5 > folder; if i boot the LiveCD on machine with 512 Mb of ram,
6 > I have got a lof of cp error during the "Copying Read-Write to tmpfs"
7 > phase.
8 > I think that the reason of this trouble is that /home/ is copied
9 > inside the tmpfs during the boot and it's being fulled with all my data.
10 >
11 > Is there a way for solving this?
12
13 Don't put the data in /home. You can also look into figuring out the
14 (now broken, again) unionfs support in genkernel.
15
16 There are several places that are copied to tmpfs for proper
17 functionality:
18
19 /etc
20 /home
21 /root
22 /tmp
23 /var
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
28 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
29 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
30 Gentoo Foundation