From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Files inside /home/user
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:53:16
1 Hello Chris.
2
3 Il giorno 11/set/07, alle ore 19:40, Chris Gianelloni ha scritto:
4
5 > On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 16:38 +0200, Luca Casagrande wrote:
6 >> Hello everybody.
7 >>
8 >> In my LiveCD, I have got about 100 MB of data inside the the user
9 >> folder; if i boot the LiveCD on machine with 512 Mb of ram,
10 >> I have got a lof of cp error during the "Copying Read-Write to tmpfs"
11 >> phase.
12 >> I think that the reason of this trouble is that /home/ is copied
13 >> inside the tmpfs during the boot and it's being fulled with all my
14 >> data.
15 >>
16 >> Is there a way for solving this?
17 >
18 > Don't put the data in /home. You can also look into figuring out the
19 > (now broken, again) unionfs support in genkernel.
22 I'll try to use the unionfs support; is there a genkernel version
23 that you know
24 support it?
25
26 Thanks