From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Files inside /home/user
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:12:16
1 Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 > Hello Chris.
3 >
4 > Il giorno 11/set/07, alle ore 19:40, Chris Gianelloni ha scritto:
5 >
6 >> On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 16:38 +0200, Luca Casagrande wrote:
7 >>> Hello everybody.
8 >>>
9 >>> In my LiveCD, I have got about 100 MB of data inside the the user
10 >>> folder; if i boot the LiveCD on machine with 512 Mb of ram,
11 >>> I have got a lof of cp error during the "Copying Read-Write to tmpfs"
12 >>> phase.
13 >>> I think that the reason of this trouble is that /home/ is copied
14 >>> inside the tmpfs during the boot and it's being fulled with all my data.
15 >>>
16 >>> Is there a way for solving this?
17 >>
18 >> Don't put the data in /home. You can also look into figuring out the
19 >> (now broken, again) unionfs support in genkernel.
22 > I'll try to use the unionfs support; is there a genkernel version that
23 > you know
24 > support it?
25
26 You missed his point. The latest gk versions have the unionfs support, but it
27 keeps breaking for some reason. He was dropping a "subtle" hint for you to take
28 a look at it and try to fix it ;)
31 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
32 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
33 --
34 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list