From: William Kilian <will@×××.com>
To: john_davis@×××××××××××××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] server maintenance w/ catalyst
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:29:24
1 Hi! Thanks replying so quickly. Your answers are helpful.
2
3 John Davis wrote:
4
5 >I assume that you are planning on using the tarballs solely for
6 >installs, correct? The binary packages that you build can be installed
7 >via Portage over an NFS share or something.
10 Yes. That's my plan.
11
12 >Instead of tinderboxes, consider using the "grp" target. Tinderboxes are
13 >used more for building a set of packages and then logging the successes/
14 >failures. The "grp" target will do exactly what you are looking for and
15 >will organize all of the binary packages by profile type, arch, etc. Let
16 >me know if you need help on how to setup a grp build.
19 I had dismissed using GRP before because it didn't seem to be what I
20 wanted. I will look more closely at it now.
21
22 >Catalyst supports the configuration files in /etc/portage. Just add the
23 >following to your spec file (works for any build target):
24 >
25 >portage_confdir: /etc/portage
28 Ahh, cool. I'm going to go bang on it some more and see what I get done.
29
30 Thanks,
31
32 William
37 No virus found in this outgoing message.
38 Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
42 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list