From: Edgar Hucek <hostmaster@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Kernel modules and packages
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:13:46
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 12:09 +0000, hostmaster@×××××××.at wrote:
6 >>Hi.
7 >>
8 >>I have the following problems.
9 >>
10 >>I use catalyst 1.1.5 and the latest stable genkernel.
11 >>
12 >>The build procedure of catalyst allways fails in livecd-stage2
13 >>when it trys to emerge the kernel modules i need ( e.g. ipw2200 ).
14 >>It always says that it i have an unconfigured kernel,
15 >>which is not true. The kernel itselfe was compiled before
16 >>the merge of the modules.
20 >Whata re you using to merge the modules? Is it possible that you didn't
21 >include wireless support in your kernel?
25 I use the same config as on my notebook, and there i could merge
26 the ipw2200 drivers.
27
28 Here is the livecd-stage2.spec part i use :
29
30 boot/kernel: gentoo
31 boot/kernel/gentoo/sources: =sys-kernel/development-sources-2.6.10-r1.ebuild
32 boot/kernel/gentoo/config: config-2.6.10-gentoo
33 boot/kernel/gentoo/use: pcmcia usb
34 boot/kernel/gentoo/extraversion: xentoo
35
36 boot/kernel/gentoo/packages:
37 pcmcia-cs
38 iptables
39 ipw2200
40
41 >>And a little suggestion for catalyst and livecd-stage1 build. Wouldn't
42 >>it make sense to make an :
43 >>emerge --deep --update --usepkg --buildpkg world
44 >>before merging the defined packages. Otherwise not all packages matches
45 >>the use flags which can be used in livecd-stage1.
49 >No. We use --newuse, which will update any packages whose USE has
50 >changed.
55 Strange. I added the use flags "nptl nptlonly" and it din't recompile for
56 example glibc.
59 cu
60
61 ED.