From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] filesystem not readable
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:13:07
1 Lanza Fabrizio wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm using the last dev version of catalyst, r9. When my .iso was
4
5 There has't been a -r9 of catalyst in a long time, if ever. If you're referring
6 to _pre9, that's not the latest. It's also package.mask'd, which implies that
7 there's a good chance it's broken, and if you choose to use it, you should have
8 some skill in tracking down, or at least reporting, bugs.
9
10 > completed and burned, I noticed that I can read the contents of the CD
11 > only from linux. Windows cannot read it, and sees it as blank.
12 > I found that it was a bug, but I lost the link now.
13
14 A bug in what? Catalyst? cdrkit/cdrtools? Are we supposed to track it down for you?
15
16 > Does anybody know how I can fix this? Which packages does Catalyst use
17 > in order to prepare the iso? If I update those, probably the error won't
18 > happen any more.
19
20 The only error report we've seen recently that's somewhat recently was on this
21 mailing list. The ISO image was rejected by Nero when it was larger than 700MB.
22 There is no "fix", since there's nothing broken (except Nero).
25 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
26 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
27 --
28 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list