From: Lanza Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Lanza@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: R: [gentoo-catalyst] filesystem not readable
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:53:16
1 > I'm using the last dev version of catalyst, r9. When my .iso was
2 >There has't been a -r9 of catalyst in a long time, if ever. If you're
3 referring
4 >to _pre9, that's not the latest.
5
6 Very acute. I'll check if in the last week there were other updates.
7
8 >It's also package.mask'd,
9
10 Well, I tried the current stable release. When I got to livecd-stage2,
11 in the livecd/rm section, it deleted files in my filesystem instead of
12 the livecd. I ended up loosing everything. So I tried the masked
13 package, which didn't give this problem.
14
15 > I found that it was a bug, but I lost the link now.
16 >A bug in what?
17
18 It is similar to this:
19 http://unixadmintalk.com/f11/re-cd-burnt-sid-unreadable-windows-111555/
20
21 I found it also in bugs.gentoo.org, but I cannot find it now. I noticed
22 in the catalyst log that it said something about wrong Joliet
23 extensions.
24
25 > Catalyst? cdrkit/cdrtools?
26
27 That's why I ask if somebody encountered a similar problem. And since I
28 am a catalyst newbee, I asked what packages catalyst uses. cdrtools? I
29 don't have that installed, so I guess it's something else. genisoimage?
30 mkisofs?
31
32 > Are we supposed to track it down for you?
33
34 You are welcome, if you are a catalyst developer. I'm not. Just trying
35 to figure out things.
36
37 >The only error report we've seen recently that's somewhat recently was
38 on this
39 >mailing list. The ISO image was rejected by Nero when it was larger
40 than 700MB.
41
42 I didn't use Nero for burning. As I said, I can burn it fine. I just can
43 read the CD and the iso only from linux (I do have the ext2 driver in
44 windows, and I can read other livecds produced by other versions of
45 catalyst).
46
47 Best,
48 Fabrizio