From: Lanza Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Lanza@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: R: [gentoo-catalyst] concerning USE flags
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:24:59
1 >Are you using 'livecd/use: -* ...' in your spec? if so, this will cause
2 portage
3 to completely ignore package.use. This is "normal" behavior and has
4 nothing to
5 do with catalyst.
6
7 Yes, I use 'livecd/use: -* ...' in livecd-stage1. I forgot to mention: I
8 also have put my new USE flags in livecd/use, but it still caught the
9 old flags, apparently. I didn't rm the whole livecd-stage1 though. I
10 just re-run catalyst over it.
11 I also tried removing the package from livecd-stage1 from portage db of
12 installed packages:
13 rm -fr
14 /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/mycd/livecd-stage2.../var/db/pkg/mygroup/mypkg/
15 That should have forced a recompile of mypkg, but I suspect that
16 catalyst might still find the previous compilation and thus just do a
17 'make install'.
18
19 Do you think I should recompile the whole livecd-stage1?
20 Is there a way to selectively remove specific package
21 objects/compilation? I couldn't find where they are stored.
22
23 >In a package.use files in the portage_confdir specified in your .spec
24 files.
25
26 Yes. My spec file contains this:
27 portage_confdir: /usr/src/mycd/portage.config
28 In portage.config I have package.use
29
30 >Did you also delete Catalyst's autoresume points? The '-a' switch does
31 this.
32
33 Yes, I did, but I run rm -fr
34 /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/mycd/.autoresume...(livecd2)/
35
36 Thank you for your input. I'm starting to see some new possibilities. I
37 will keep you informed about the solution that will work.
38 --
39 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list