From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] concerning USE flags
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:16:59
1 Lanza Fabrizio wrote:
2 > Hi, I'm sorry if this question might have been asked a thousand times,
3 > but I cannot find a solution. I also read the howtos that I could find,
4 > included the documentation that is currently removed from the gentoo site.
5 >
6 > The question is, where do I tell Catalyst the correct USE flags for a
7 > specific program?
8 >
9 > I tried in portage.config. It did not catch it.
10 > I put it in
11 > /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/mycd/livecd-stage1.../etc/portage/package.use. Same.
12 > I put it in
13 > /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/mycd/livecd-stage2.../etc/portage/package.use. Same.
14 >
15 > I know that Catalyst does not read package.use as expected. But I don't
16 > see how to do then.
17 >
18 > I suspected that, if I run catalyst again without removing the whole
19 > livecd-stage, it won't rebuild my package with the new USE flags. So, I
20 > removed the whole livecd-stage2, modified the USE flags, added my
21 > package that needed a rebuild with the correct flags, and rebuilt
22 > livecd-stage2 completely. But still it was built with the wrong flags
23 > and failed.
24 >
25 > I will appreciate if you can point me to the right direction.
26 > Thank you!
27
28 Are you using 'livecd/use: -* ...' in your spec? if so, this will cause portage
29 to completely ignore package.use. This is "normal" behavior and has nothing to
30 do with catalyst.
33 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
34 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
35 --
36 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list