From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] producing a DVD
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:31:31
1 Lanza Fabrizio wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I need to produce a DVD instead of a CD .iso. How do I tell catalyst to
4 > produce a DVD? Should I change fstype?
5 > Thank you.
6
7 Ugh, please don't reply to another thread to start a new one. It screws up the
8 threading in Thunderbird (and probably other mail clients).
9
10 Unless catalyst has some "magic" to figure out to build an image with a UDF
11 filesystem instead of ISO9660 (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't), you can burn a
12 >700MB ISO to a DVD and it will work just fine. For the past few releases,
13 we've released >1GB standard ISO images for use on a DVD, and nobody has
14 reported a problem booting them.
17 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
18 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
19 --
20 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list