From: Lanza Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Lanza@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: R: [gentoo-catalyst] producing a DVD
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:44:00
1 >Unless catalyst has some "magic" to figure out to build an image with a
2 UDF
3 >filesystem instead of ISO9660 (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't), you can
4 burn a
5 >700MB ISO to a DVD and it will work just fine.
6
7 That is exactly what I cannot do. I insert a DVD in the CD/DVD drive. I
8 start Nero, choose "burn image", I select my .iso, and it ejects the DVD
9 saying that I have the wrong medium, and that it is supposed to be a CD.
10 Every CD/DVD mastering software will check what you are going to burn.
11 If it has a CD project/filesystem, it won't burn it on a DVD.
12 Also, since qemu does not load CDs larger than 700M... there is a
13 problem.
14
15 I also noticed a curious thing. When I mount the .iso (larger than 700M)
16 with a program such as Daemon Tools, it won't show the filesystem. It
17 shows as it is completely empty.
18
19 I managed to convert the big .iso to a DVD .nrg with Nero, and I could
20 burn it indeed. It boots fine, but it has the same problem that the
21 filesystem is not visible.
22
23 I would rather find out the way I can get a DVD iso with Catalyst.
24
25 Best,
26 Fabrizio
27 --