From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: R: [gentoo-catalyst] producing a DVD
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:31:54
1 On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 14:43 +0100, Lanza Fabrizio wrote:
2 > That is exactly what I cannot do. I insert a DVD in the CD/DVD drive. I
3 > start Nero, choose "burn image", I select my .iso, and it ejects the DVD
4
5 Remember that we're burning using Linux-based tools, not Windows-based
6 ones. I have no clue how to provide you support for Windows, nor will I
7 even try. Sorry. Try burning it under an OS that doesn't suck and if
8 you're still having problems, let us know.
9
10 > Every CD/DVD mastering software will check what you are going to burn.
11 > If it has a CD project/filesystem, it won't burn it on a DVD.
12
13 Umm... no. A DVD can be *either* UDF or iso9660. If your software is
14 refusing to work with >700MB ISO9660 images, it is broken.
15
16 > Also, since qemu does not load CDs larger than 700M... there is a
17 > problem.
18
19 Broken. File a bug.
20
21 > I also noticed a curious thing. When I mount the .iso (larger than 700M)
22 > with a program such as Daemon Tools, it won't show the filesystem. It
23 > shows as it is completely empty.
24
25 Windows. Try the same under Linux and it'll work.
26
27 > I would rather find out the way I can get a DVD iso with Catalyst.
28
29 Well, catalyst produces images which are within the ISO spec. If your
30 tools do not work with them, submit patches. Otherwise, we're not going
31 to change anything, as we're within the defined specification which
32 other tools are supposed to follow.
35 Chris Gianelloni
36 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
37 Games Developer