From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] netboot2 amd64 target - no libraries installed
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 16:13:58
1 Charles Duffy wrote:
2 > Unpacking the initramfs generated by the netboot2 target, the lib links
3 > are as follows:
4 >
5 > ccd@gaspar /local/ccd/netinst-test/generic_amd64.d $ ls -ld lib*
6 > drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Jun 8 21:40 lib
7 > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Jun 8 21:40 lib64 -> ../lib
8 >
9 > There *is* no .. when this is mounted as root, so ../lib does not exist.
10 > More critically, lib does not in the built image contain any files. (It
11 > does have two subdirectories, keymaps/ and modules/; these are populated
12 > normally).
13 >
14 > I've built a patch against genkernel to fix the ../lib link to just
15 > point at ./lib (so it's valid even when not the root filesystem), and
16 > opened bug 181376 against it; however, I'm having some trouble getting
17 > that patch to be used: While I'm setting portage_overlay to a location
18 > which is valid on the host, emerge is run within the chroot -- and my
19 > overlay path isn't valid there. How do I work around this issue?
20
21 By using a newer version of genkernel. This problem was fixed in 3.4.7.
22
23 > Second -- In my netboot2/packages/<package>/files, I'm including library
24 > links using paths as they're built by the package, for instance:
25 >
26 > netboot2/packages/com_err/files:
27 > /lib64/libcom_err.so
28 > /lib64/libcom_err.so.2
29 > /lib64/libcom_err.so.2.1
30 > /usr/bin/compile_et
31 > /usr/lib64/libcom_err.so
32 >
33 > Should I be using /lib/libcom_err.so instead, even though the ebuild
34 > places these files in /lib64? Or is my first priority getting catalyst
35 > to use the corrected genkernel package from my overlay?
36
37 You're pretty much in uncharted territory. The netboot2 target is very much
38 unsupported at this point. It's all still pretty experimental. It's also in a
39 state of flux and expected to get many changes in the catalyst 2.1 branch.
42 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
43 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
44 --
45 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list