From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] netboot2 amd64 target - no libraries installed
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 07:06:47
1 Unpacking the initramfs generated by the netboot2 target, the lib links
2 are as follows:
3
4 ccd@gaspar /local/ccd/netinst-test/generic_amd64.d $ ls -ld lib*
5 drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Jun 8 21:40 lib
6 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Jun 8 21:40 lib64 -> ../lib
7
8 There *is* no .. when this is mounted as root, so ../lib does not exist.
9 More critically, lib does not in the built image contain any files. (It
10 does have two subdirectories, keymaps/ and modules/; these are populated
11 normally).
12
13 I've built a patch against genkernel to fix the ../lib link to just
14 point at ./lib (so it's valid even when not the root filesystem), and
15 opened bug 181376 against it; however, I'm having some trouble getting
16 that patch to be used: While I'm setting portage_overlay to a location
17 which is valid on the host, emerge is run within the chroot -- and my
18 overlay path isn't valid there. How do I work around this issue?
22 Second -- In my netboot2/packages/<package>/files, I'm including library
23 links using paths as they're built by the package, for instance:
24
25 netboot2/packages/com_err/files:
26 /lib64/libcom_err.so
27 /lib64/libcom_err.so.2
28 /lib64/libcom_err.so.2.1
29 /usr/bin/compile_et
30 /usr/lib64/libcom_err.so
31
32 Should I be using /lib/libcom_err.so instead, even though the ebuild
33 places these files in /lib64? Or is my first priority getting catalyst
34 to use the corrected genkernel package from my overlay?
37 Thanks!
40 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list