From: "Kessler
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Probablly something easy
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:25:16
1 When I boot my latest build and the kernel starts to load I get the
2 following message:
6 >> You passed an unidentified mode number.
10 It then offers the following choices, press enter for a list of modes,
11 or press the space bar to continue. I have done both, when I press enter
12 I see a list of video modes which I am assuming are related to
13 gensplash. If I hit the spacebar everything continues normally. Do I
14 need to pass the kernel an argument in the stage-2 spec file in order to
15 use gensplash without being prompted? I've never had this issue with an
16 installed system before, I have always taken gensplash working for
17 granted. Anyone with any thoughts?
21 On a separate note, does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning
22 out the cruft with the unmerge/empty/rm options to shrink the image size
23 a bit?
27 Paul