From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Probablly something easy
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:47:14
1 On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 12:27 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > It then offers the following choices, press enter for a list of modes,
3 > or press the space bar to continue. I have done both, when I press
4 > enter I see a list of video modes which I am assuming are related to
5 > gensplash. If I hit the spacebar everything continues normally. Do I
6 > need to pass the kernel an argument in the stage-2 spec file in order
7 > to use gensplash without being prompted? I’ve never had this issue
8 > with an installed system before, I have always taken gensplash working
9 > for granted. Anyone with any thoughts?
10
11 If you're using vesafb-tng, switch back to the "normal" vesafb. The
12 only other reason that you would get prompted is your monitor cannot do
13 1024x768@60Hz.
14
15 > On a separate note, does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning
16 > out the cruft with the unmerge/empty/rm options to shrink the image
17 > size a bit?
18
19 Unfortunately, we have to go through the CD file by file and determine
20 what is needed and what is not. I don't know of an easier way to go
21 about it.
24 Chris Gianelloni
26 Games - Developer
27 Gentoo Linux