From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Problem with gnap/catalyst/genkernel and USE-flags
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:11:20
1 On 18.06.2007, at 17:21, Philipp Riegger wrote:
2
3 >> Ok, i seem to have mixed up the stages. portage_confdir is used in
4 >> stage3 and livecd-stage1 target, of course, but not in livecd-
5 >> stage2. Is there any specific reason, why it is not supported
6 >> (like the documentation says)? What is the right way to set use-
7 >> flags for genkernels callback function? boot/kernel/[boot/
8 >> kernel:x]/use? What does [boot/kernel:x] stand for?
9 >
10 > I got some info on that on IRC. Sorry for the noise, this is fixed
11 > now.
12
13 Ok, more noise from me. I was asked about how i fixed this for me and
14 when i re-read my email, i figured out, that i don't know all the
15 things i want to know:
16
17 The problem i had was due to a use-flag injected in livecd.conf in
18 gnap, the line was more or less "boot/kernel/gentoo/use: esfq". I
19 missed it when i grep'ed my conf dir before, probably some typing
20 mistake in the regex.
21
22 So my USE-flag was injected this way, and it did not work disabling
23 it using a portage_confdir, as i stated in the second email.
24
25 But: In livecd-stage2 there is the genkernel callback function, which
26 is in my case a emerge call. I don't know how it is in general, but
27 probably the same. And for this emerge call it might be quite handy
28 to have package.mask and package.keywords. So, why was the desicion
29 made to use boot/kernel/whatever/use instead of portage_confdir,
30 which is much more flexible?
31
32 Again, what does the [boot/kernel:x] in the documentation stand for?
33
34 Thanks a lot,
35 Philipp

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature