From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD with vanilla-sources
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:29:21
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:35 -0500, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 >> Genkernel can compile whatever sources /usr/src/linux points to. It's just that
4 >> we use gentoo-sources for the releases and the default kernel configs that
5 >> genkernel has are for gentoo-sources. However, they'll probably Just Work(TM)
6 >> with vanilla-sources.
7 >
8 > If you use vanilla-sources, you cannot use squashfs.
9
10 I always forget about that. Why hasn't that been merged upstream? I think
11 there's ample evidence that it works :P
14 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
15 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
16 --
17 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list