From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD with vanilla-sources
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:27:37
1 On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:35 -0500, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Genkernel can compile whatever sources /usr/src/linux points to. It's just that
3 > we use gentoo-sources for the releases and the default kernel configs that
4 > genkernel has are for gentoo-sources. However, they'll probably Just Work(TM)
5 > with vanilla-sources.
6
7 If you use vanilla-sources, you cannot use squashfs.
8
9 We don't recommend using vanilla-sources simply because we *never* test
10 it. It will likely work, but I guarantee gentoo-sources will work.
13 Chris Gianelloni
14 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
15 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
16 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
17 Gentoo Foundation