From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD with vanilla-sources
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:36:29
1 Raboo Treed wrote:
2 > Is it possible to make a LiveCD with vanilla-sources instead of
3 > gentoo-sources... And if so how do I do it and how do I pass options
4 > like I pass with genkernel for instance --dmraid.
5
6 sed -e 's/gentoo-sources/vanilla-sources/' *.spec :P
7
8 > Or can genkernel in some way compile vanilla-sources?
9
10 Genkernel can compile whatever sources /usr/src/linux points to. It's just that
11 we use gentoo-sources for the releases and the default kernel configs that
12 genkernel has are for gentoo-sources. However, they'll probably Just Work(TM)
13 with vanilla-sources.
16 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
17 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
18 --
19 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list