From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Some easy sugestions to implement, I hope
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:06:43
1 On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 16:32 +0000, Nelson Batalha wrote:
2 > You're very much right. Only I didn't demand anything cause right now I
3 > don't the time to learn python and submit, I was just replying to the new
4 > emails. Never crossed my mind to demand anything from a oss project :P, I
5 > just wanted to know if it was ok&feasable.
6
7 Just for clarification, I never thought you were demanding anything. As
8 for your idea, it is definitely feasible, but not something I would
9 *ever* want to implement. As much as you say it would be useful, I see
10 it as a waste of *my* time, because it will encourage people to fiddle
11 with their caches, and those people will be coming here, asking for
12 help/support. What this means is that so long as I not only develop,
13 but also *support* catalyst, I won't add anything that provides Release
14 Engineering with no additional useful functionality but only serves to
15 reduce my own availability for working on actual bugs. As much as I can
16 see the needs of the casual/one-time user, I'm not designing a system
17 catered to them. I think catalyst is too high of a learning curve
18 already for a casual/one-time user, so I'd rather teach them the "right"
19 way to go about using the tool if they have to do that much learning
20 already.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
25 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
26 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
27 Gentoo Foundation