From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst Xorg Enabled livecd
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:39:31
1 how can I set my cflags? I want -Os optimized instead of -O2
2
3 On 8/4/06, Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > Alle 04:58, venerdì 04 agosto 2006, Caleb Cushing ha scritto:
6 > > I'm new to catalyst first time using it. I've looked over the spec file
7 > > templates and such. I get them but not the process...
8 >
9 > Hi and welcome to the ml!
10 >
11 > > do I build a stage1 and then a stage2? and then 3 and so on?
12 >
13 > Using a stage1.spec, a portage snapshot and a stage3 archives, you can
14 > build a
15 > stage1. In this process you select the package you need.
16 >
17 > > what packages are CRITICAL to be on the livecd?
18 >
19 > Don't know what you need to do, but remember to add livecd useflag..for
20 > hardware detection also hwsetup it's nice
21 >
22 > > I want the packages that the cd runs to be current... like xorg 7, gcc
23 > > 3.4.6-r1.
24 >
25 > No problem.. in the creation of the stage1, you'll use your
26 > computer /etc/portage/ files, so all depend about your keywords (you can
27 > also
28 > create a /etc/portage/livecd/ and add files for masking here).
31 > > do I have to build my own tarball? instead of using the gentoo 2006.0one
32 > > for this?
33 >
34 > Nope
35 >
36 > Hope to be clear
37 > Luca
38 >
39 > --
40 > "Chiunque può simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo
41 > nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"
42 >
43 > LINUX User #411601
44 > GENTOO-GIS Development Team
45 > jabber: casagrande@××××××××××××.it