From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst Xorg Enabled livecd
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 07:47:23
1 Alle 04:58, venerdì 04 agosto 2006, Caleb Cushing ha scritto:
2 > I'm new to catalyst first time using it. I've looked over the spec file
3 > templates and such. I get them but not the process...
4
5 Hi and welcome to the ml!
6
7 > do I build a stage1 and then a stage2? and then 3 and so on?
8
9 Using a stage1.spec, a portage snapshot and a stage3 archives, you can build a
10 stage1. In this process you select the package you need.
11
12 > what packages are CRITICAL to be on the livecd?
13
14 Don't know what you need to do, but remember to add livecd useflag..for
15 hardware detection also hwsetup it's nice
16
17 > I want the packages that the cd runs to be current... like xorg 7, gcc
18 > 3.4.6-r1.
19
20 No problem.. in the creation of the stage1, you'll use your
21 computer /etc/portage/ files, so all depend about your keywords (you can also
22 create a /etc/portage/livecd/ and add files for masking here).
25 > do I have to build my own tarball? instead of using the gentoo 2006.0 one
26 > for this?
27
28 Nope
29
30 Hope to be clear
31 Luca
34 "Chiunque può simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo
35 nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"
36
37 LINUX User #411601
38 GENTOO-GIS Development Team
39 jabber: casagrande@××××××××××××.it