From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] 'stage4 tarball'
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:11:19
1 On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 15:50 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Matthias Langer wrote:
3 > > Is it possible to somehow build the complete p3 system with custom use
4 > > and cflags with my athlon-xp at home to get some kind of
5 > > 'stage4-tarball' that i just have to unpack to the hardisk of the
6 > > p3-system (instead of the stage3 tarball) ?
7 >
8 > Yes, but you don't need catalyst to do it. You can easily extract a stage3
9 > tarball into a directory, chroot into it, do whatever you want, exit the chroot,
10 > and then tar up the directory. The result is essentially a "stage4".
11 >
12 Thanks for your tip; However, two small questions remain:
13 1.) What options should i pass to tar when packing the chrooted
14 environment ?
15
16 2.) Is there a way to eject the live-cd after booting, so that i can
17 insert a cd with my custom "stage 4" ?
18
19 Matthias
22 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list