From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Gnome-light
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:17:11
1 On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 09:13 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > If I use the gnome-light package in my stage 1 build I seem to be
3 > getting an error. Once I login I get an error about the panel not
4 > being able to find GNOME_MixerApplet. I know this is a known bug that
5 > Chris is aware of. I have seen it suggested that including gstreamer
6 > in my use flags might help, but that didn’t seem to fix it under
7 > catalyst. I was considering just tracking down the god awful gnome
8 > config file that sets up the defaults under .gconf the first time a
9 > user logs in, and then just remove the entries with my fsscript.
10 > Anyone have a suggestion or workaround for that error?
11
12 I use the full Gnome suite for exactly this reason. Trying to hand-hack
13 the default Gnome config is such a PITA, that I decided to leave it
14 alone. Sorry that I cannot be of more help.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 Games - Developer
20 Gentoo Linux