From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Knoppix accelerated
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:10:56
1 Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 > Alle 18:34, domenica 23 luglio 2006, Andrew Gaffney ha scritto:
3 >> Luca Casagrande wrote:
4 >>> Hi to all!
5 >>> Is there a way for implementing Knoppix Accelerated way in Catalyst?
6 >> What is Knoppix Accelerated (yes, I know, Google is my friend, but I'm
7 >> lazy, and it would just be nice for you to provide that information for us
8 >> :P)?
9 >
10 > Sure!
11 > A.K. is a way to reduce the time of booting knoppix livecd, by working on
12 > cloop. A lot of info can be found here:
13 > http://www.alpha.co.jp/biz/rdg/ac-knoppix/index_en.html
14
15 Unless there's something "special" going on there, catalyst already uses
16 something similar: squashfs.
19 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
20 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
21 --
22 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list