From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Is this a bug?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:38:12
1 On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 19:11 +0000, Nelson Batalha wrote:
2 > But since you have a boot option called nox (no X), and the boot options are
3 > specified by catalyst, perhaps it's possible for catalyst to write a boot
4 > option on the build, saying the livecd signature/version and genkernel would
5 > read it and look properly. Lol, it's not important, but an idea for someone
6 > to pick later?
7
8 Uhh...
9
10 I'd rather not touch anything of the sort. Passing things to genkernel
11 from catalyst isn't as easy as you think it is and the best solution is
12 likely the one we already have in place.
13
14 > Btw, I'm writting new docs before I forget
15 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_with_Catalyst_%28alternative%29
16
17 Great. =]
18
19 I do have to warn you that the Release Engineering staff does not
20 endorse *any* documentation placed on a public wiki of any kind.
21
22 I have been working on updating the official documentation, which is the
23 only thing that will be guaranteed to be even remotely correct. The
24 last time I looked at the wiki, it told people to do really stupid
25 things, which is why I simply don't recommend using any documentation
26 not written by people intimately familiar with working with catalyst.
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
31 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
32 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
33 Gentoo Foundation