From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:03:21
1 On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:40 +0000, Eric Edgar wrote:
2 > Catalyst doesnt really support unionfs at the moment.
3 >
4 > You will need to add unionfs to your isolinux loader script to get it to
5 > work.
6 >
7 > unionfs=/path/to/block device will let you use a formatted device as the
8 > place to store changes. This code is VERY experimental and is currently
9 > just starting to be supported. It will not be in official cds for
10 > sometime as no one has tested it all besides myself.
11
12 Translation: Only the guy who wrote it can get it to work. If it is
13 broken, we probably won't fix it any time soon, as it is low priority...
14 Unless you have a working patch, then we'll gladly apply it.
15
16 *grin*
19 Chris Gianelloni
21 Games - Developer