From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Migrating man page to asciidoc?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 04:47:11
1 On 06/26/2011 06:44 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 06:14:59AM +0200, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
3 >>> I think the best solution is to simply hack the timestamp on the
4 >>> generated files or something similar. We definitely don't want `emerge
5 >>> =catalyst-2*` to require asciidoc and all its indirect dependencies
6 >>> for a single man page, and we definitely don't want to check-in
7 >>> generated files to git for a variety of reasons.
8 >
9 > The thing about this approach though is, how do you know what timestamp
10 > to put on the generated files?
11
12 You could pick a hardcode one. If traball identity is the goal, any
13 fake timestamp will suffice.
16 > When you do:
17 >
18 > git archive --prefix catalyst-x.x -o catalyst-x.x.tar catalyst_x_x
19 >
20 > It takes the time/date from the tree some way and puts that time and
21 > date on the files in the tarball.
22
23 I'm aware. I use git archive where I don't have generated content involved.
27 Sebastian