From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Migrating man page to asciidoc?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 04:44:38
1 On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 06:14:59AM +0200, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > > I think the best solution is to simply hack the timestamp on the
3 > > generated files or something similar. We definitely don't want `emerge
4 > > =catalyst-2*` to require asciidoc and all its indirect dependencies
5 > > for a single man page, and we definitely don't want to check-in
6 > > generated files to git for a variety of reasons.
7
8 The thing about this approach though is, how do you know what timestamp
9 to put on the generated files?
10
11 When you do:
12
13 git archive --prefix catalyst-x.x -o catalyst-x.x.tar catalyst_x_x
14
15 It takes the time/date from the tree some way and puts that time and
16 date on the files in the tarball.
17
18 William