From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Migrating man page to asciidoc?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 04:15:23
1 On 06/26/2011 06:10 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > For the live ebuild, I don't see any problem with this. I think we
3 > just want to avoid having to install asciidoc for the released
4 > catalyst versions.
5
6 The tarballs are coming with a rendered man page - it is generated on
7 the machine running "make dist", not the machine installing catalyst.
10 >> Do I have to list reasons against this option?
11 >
12 > Yeah, this option is really distasteful.
13
14 Thanks.
17 > I think the best solution is to simply hack the timestamp on the
18 > generated files or something similar. We definitely don't want `emerge
19 > =catalyst-2*` to require asciidoc and all its indirect dependencies
20 > for a single man page, and we definitely don't want to check-in
21 > generated files to git for a variety of reasons.
22
23 Again, see above.
24
25 Best,