From: Alex <sohalt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] xlivecd does not login automatically
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:20:10
1 Andreas Rueckert wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Wednesday 19 July 2006 15:19, Alex wrote:
5 >> hi,
6 >>
7 >> my LiveCD does not login automatically. I can only login by booting it
8 >> with "nox", change user's password, start mkxf86config and gdm and
9 >> login. This is a working workaround, but not nice.
10 >
11 > We do autologin via a customized kdmrc file, but it doesn't work currently,
12 > because xdm is started before mkxf86config.
13 thanks for your nice idea now I have my autologin ;) thank you
14 > /etc/init.d/xdm restart
15 > starts X with autologin then.
16 > I guess the problem is a missing 'before xdm'
17 > in /etc/init.d/mkxf86config,
18 > although that seems to be in the latest livecd-tools versions.
19 > Will have to work on that...
20 Strange, that wasn't my problem. I did not had to change my mkxf86config
21 script.
22 >
23 > Ciao,
24 > Andreas