From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] TEST REQUEST: catalyst-2.0_rc50
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:14:30
1 On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 09:32 +0200, Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 > I'll be very happy to help development...Right now i build my iso with stable
3 > catalyst and all works fine.What should i change to use 2.0?
4
5 Err... honestly, it's too much to explain. The newer catalyst has
6 *tons* more features. The feature set that came from catalyst 1.x has
7 been tested quite thoroughly. Only the newer features really need heavy
8 testing.
9
10 For "simple" builds, few changes, if any, were required. For more
11 complex changes, days or even weeks of work was required to make the
12 switch. To be honest, I am surprised to hear that *anyone* on this list
13 is using catalyst 1.x anymore. We haven't added any code to it in over
14 a year now, including any bug fixes, and have recommended to everyone to
15 use catalyst 2.x instead.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
20 x86 Architecture Team