From: "Andreas Rückert" <a_rueckert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: all@××××××××.com, ch@××××××.de
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] TEST REQUEST: catalyst-2.0_rc50
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:09:47
1 Hi!
2
3 -------- Original-Nachricht --------
4 Datum: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:10:56 -0400
5 Von: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
6 An: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
7 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] TEST REQUEST: catalyst-2.0_rc50
8
9 --<snip>--
10
11 > For "simple" builds, few changes, if any, were required. For more
12 > complex changes, days or even weeks of work was required to make the
13 > switch. To be honest, I am surprised to hear that *anyone* on this list
14 > is using catalyst 1.x anymore. We haven't added any code to it in over
15 > a year now, including any bug fixes, and have recommended to everyone to
16 > use catalyst 2.x instead.
17
18 Maybe it's just, that 1.x is too good to update... :-)
19
20 You know, we (as an example) are in the middle of a commercial venture, and we update, when an update is
21 _required_ , not when it's nice to have...
22 I guess you know what they say about updates. Updates means new code with new bugs, which require new
23 bugfixes. 1x is far from perfect, but it works for us...
24
25 Ciao,
26 Andreas
31 Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft für 0,- Euro*!
32 "Feel free" mit GMX DSL! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
33 --
34 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list