From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Livecd License
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:36:39
1 Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi to all!
4 >
5 > My livecd, will be used during a postgresql meeting to show some
6 > application.
7 >
8 > Organizing team, has asked me for the media's license; i told him that
9 > each application has got a own license and the full work
10 > can be release in gpl3.
11 >
12 > Am I correct?
13
14 I doubt it. We can't really give you that answer as we have no idea what
15 packages you are using on the LiveCD. You need to do the legwork of figuring out
16 which license each package uses and if said license can be "transferred" to GPLv3.
19 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
20 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
21 --
22 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list