From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Python 3 support
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 01:14:10
1 On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 03:45:59PM -0700, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > BUT, things are rather slow at getting done at the moment.
3
4 jmbsvicetto was talking a while back (last month?) about cutting a new
5 release. Any word on that front?
6
7 > Personally I think it may be better to wait a bit on the py3
8 > compatibility changes. Many of the potential problem spots will
9 > need fixing anyway, so conversion would likely be smoother after
10 > some more re-write work is done.
11
12 This brings the total number of people chomping at the bit to refactor
13 catalyst code up to three‽ There must be something we can do to help
14 unclog the maintenance pipe?
15
16 > you can get my rewite branch so far at
17 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~dolsen/catalyst/
18 >
19 > When you clone it, it will compain about not being able to check out
20 > master. You will need to "git checkout re-write". But I would just add
21 > my url as another remote to your current clone and fetch it.
22
23 Sounds like a job for:
24
25 git clone --branch rewrite http://dev.gentoo.org/~dolsen/catalyst/
26
27 (your branch name doesn't actually have a hyphen ;). FWIW, you can
28 also take a look at my stuff [1].
29
30 Cheers,
31 Trevor