From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: R: [gentoo-catalyst] producing a DVD
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:35:23
1 On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 08:36 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > > I would rather find out the way I can get a DVD iso with Catalyst.
3 >
4 > I already told you. Catalyst doesn't do anything special for DVDs, and the
5 > larger ISO images it generates work just fine. There is zero support for
6 > creating UDF images in catalyst. Use another program to burn the image. Nero
7 > obviously has an issue. Burning a larger ISO with cdrecord works without a problem.
8
9 I use: cdrecord -v -sao dev=/dev/sr0 driveropts=burnfree /path/to/iso
10
11 I've been able to successfully burn the 4GB LiveDVD for both AMD64/x86
12 and had exactly 0 issues in about 40 burns. Again, your tools are being
13 stupid. They are thinking that the image *must* be UDF when they are
14 not required to be, at all.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Games Developer