From: js <forums@××××.be>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Make liveCD how to
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:10:20
8 Hi Paul,
9
10 Yes, that is very possible.
11 I'm allready happy that i've been able to make a working bootcd this
12 way. Altough I can't get past the login and password when booted.
13
14 Would it be possible to  get somehow the stage1 and stage2 specfiles
15 used to build the gentoo-livecd's or is that not possible? :-)
16 It must be possible with those files to build exact the same livecd as
17 the official one?
20 Greetings,
21
22 Jelle
23
24 Kessler, Paul wrote:
30 <!--
31 /* Font Definitions */
32 @font-face
33 {font-family:Tahoma;
34 panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
35 /* Style Definitions */
36 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
37 {margin:0in;
38 margin-bottom:.0001pt;
39 font-size:12.0pt;
40 font-family:"Times New Roman";
41 color:black;}
42 a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
43 {color:blue;
44 text-decoration:underline;}
45 a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
46 {color:blue;
47 text-decoration:underline;}
48 pre
49 {margin:0in;
50 margin-bottom:.0001pt;
51 font-size:10.0pt;
52 font-family:"Courier New";
53 color:black;}
54 span.EmailStyle18
55 {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
56 font-family:Arial;
57 color:navy;}
58 @page Section1
59 {size:8.5in 11.0in;
60 margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
61 div.Section1
62 {page:Section1;}
63 -->

Is it just

67 me or does this look like a
68 cross between the new and the old spec file syntax? Maybe out of the
69 wiki?

From: js

76 [mailto:forums@××××.be]
77 Sent: Tuesday,
78 November 29, 2005
79 2:51 PM
80 To:
81 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
82 Subject: Re:
83 [gentoo-catalyst]
84 Make liveCD how to

Well I've done this:

88
89 livecd-tools is in the list and included in the build,.....
92 Here's my specfile:
93
94 # livecd-stage1 example specfile
95 # used to build a livecd-stage1
96
97 # The subarch can be any of the supported catalyst subarches (like
98 athlon-xp).
99 # Refer to the catalyst reference manual for suppurted subarches.
100 # http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/reference.xml
101 # example:
102 subarch: x86
103
104 # The version stamp is an identifier for the build.  It can be anything
105 you wish# it to be, but it is usually a date.
106 # example:
107 version_stamp: 2005.1-r1
108
109 # The target specifies what target we want catalyst to do.  For
110 building a
111 CD,
112 # we start with livecd-stage1 as our target.
113 # example:
114 target: livecd-stage1
115 # The rel_type defines what kind of build we are doing.  This is merely
116 another
117 # identifier, but it useful for allowing multiple concurrent builds.
118 Usually,
119 # default will suffice.
120 # example:
121 rel_type: default
122
123 # This is the system profile to be used by catalyst to build this
124 target.
125 It is# specified as a relative path from /usr/portage/profiles.
126 # example:
127 # profile: default-linux/x86/2005.0
128 profile: default-linux/x86/2005.1
129
130 # This specifies which snapshot to use for building this target.
131 # example:
132 # snapshot:
133 snapshot: 2005.1
134
135 # This specifies where the seed stage comes from for this target,  The
136 path
137 is
138 # relative to $clst_sharedir/builds.  The rel_type is also used as a
139 path
140 prefix# for the seed.
141 # example:
142 # default/stage3-x86-2004.3
143 source_subpath:default/stage3-x86-2005.1-r1
144
145 # These are the hosts used as distcc slaves when distcc is enabled in
146 your
147 # catalyst.conf.  It follows the same syntax as distcc-config
148 --set-hosts
149 and
150 # is entirely optional.
151 # example:
152 # distcc_hosts: 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1
153
154 # This is an optional directory containing portage configuration
155 files.
156 It
157 # follows the same syntax as /etc/portage and should be consistent
158 across all
159 # targets to minimize problems.
160 # example:
161 portage_confdir: /etc/portage