From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Missing /usr/src in installcd-stage3-minimal
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:02:10
1 Zachary Bedell wrote:
2 > found that there was no /usr/src directory in the chroot
3
4 The latest stage3 also does not add udev to the sysinit runlevel.
5 Lost about an hour to that.
8 > I'm assuming something probably went wrong in an earlier stage,
9
10 Not neccessarily, think about who should create /usr/src. IMO it's
11 not at all really neccessary, it's just by (deprecated) convention
12 that there are kernel sources there.
15 > but I don't know enough about Catalyst yet to know quite where to
16 > look.
17
18 It has little to do with catalyst itself. In any case, if you make
19 sure that your livecd-stage1 includes kernel sources, then I think
20 you'll sidestep around the problem.
23 //Peter