From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Patch for targets/livecd-stage1/livecd-stage1-chroot.sh
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:31:32
1 On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 19:57 -0500, Robert Paskowitz wrote:
2 > > Awesome. Create a patch, file a bug, and I'll add it.
5 > I see you beat me to it on this one.
6
7 Yeah, I needed to roll a new catalyst for the release to fix a problem
8 with the stage1 builds and the fix was trivial.
9
10 > > I really would prefer to leave this alone for now. I'll think about
11 > > finding another solution. I'm always welcome to ideas, but anything
12 > > that breaks automatic builds is an absolute no.
13
14 > How about something like the following:
15 >
16 > echo "Press any key within 15 seconds to pause the build..."
17 > read -s -t 15 -n 1 PAUSE
18 > if [ -n "$PAUSE" ]; then
19 > echo "Press any key to continue..."
20 > read -s -n 1
21 > fi
22 >
23 > You still get the automated ability with the 15 second timeout, but someone that actually wants to stop and read can 'pause' the progress, then get it going again.
24
25 I like it. Submit me a patch for this one, and it'll go into CVS (and
26 1.1.4, which I plan on releasing shortly after the release).
29 Chris Gianelloni
31 Games - Developer
32 Gentoo Linux