From: Robert Paskowitz <rpaskowitz@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Patch for targets/livecd-stage1/livecd-stage1-chroot.sh
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:58:00
1 > > My understanding of portage_confdir is that a directory on the build
2 > > system is copied into the chroot as [chroot]/etc/portage. Changing the
3 > > USE_ORDER occurs within the chroot so that per-package flags are
4 > > respected. The actual location of the portage_confdir should have no
5 > > bearing on this. Also, a quick grep through the source shows that this
6 > > should be changed in 6 locations. If it's fine to make this change, I'll
7 > > create the patch.
8 >
9 > Awesome. Create a patch, file a bug, and I'll add it.
12 I see you beat me to it on this one.
13
14 > > 2) Changes the behavior of 'verbose' mode, so that instead of a 15
15 second
16 > > delay, the user is prompted for input. I just realized this may not be
17 > > desired, as it would ruin automated builds, but for someone that wants to
18 > > see the package list, 15 seconds is generally not enough. Perhaps this
19 > > could be controled by different levels of verbosity, or another options?
20 >
21 > I really would prefer to leave this alone for now. I'll think about
22 > finding another solution. I'm always welcome to ideas, but anything
23 > that breaks automatic builds is an absolute no.
26 How about something like the following:
27
28 echo "Press any key within 15 seconds to pause the build..."
29 read -s -t 15 -n 1 PAUSE
30 if [ -n "$PAUSE" ]; then
31 echo "Press any key to continue..."
32 read -s -n 1
33 fi
34
35 You still get the automated ability with the 15 second timeout, but someone that actually wants to stop and read can 'pause' the progress, then get it going again.
36
37 Robert
40 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list