From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Wishlist for 2005
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:22:56
1 On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 23:02 -0800, David Bryson wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 10:18:30AM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > To go along with it, I think I am going to break up the cdtar stuff and
4 > > start having catalyst build them (and cache them) instead. This allows
5 > > us to create either isolinux or grub-based LiveCD images, and also
6 > > allows for things like pxelinux-based images.
9 > I want to know what is meant here by 'grub' support. Catalyst is used
10 > to build stages. So how would grub come in useful ? Most of the time
11 > you are not even building the stage on the same system you will be
12 > deploying it on.
13
14 Grub support as in a LiveCD booting to grub rather than isolinux, which
15 allows us to give people a menu and other such fun stuff.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
20 Games - Developer
21 Gentoo Linux