From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:07:18
1 %% David Bryson <mutex@g.o> writes:
2
3 db> naw, much better to put something in spec file like
4 db> livecd/linuxrc: <path to my linuxrc>
5
6 Yeah, that's exactly what I meant by "Catalyst option". Oh, I see, you
7 thought I meant command line option. My bad: I meant a spec file option
8 (in my first message I think I also used that name, actually :-))
9
10 >> What's "the embedded build type" and where would I set about looking for
11
12 db> As andrew already mentioned it's a 'module' inside catalyst that
13 db> describes how to build a certain type of system from a spec file.
14
15 db> I actually implemented it as part of the 'kernel' arguments to the
16 db> spec file. My files look something like this:
17
18 db> boot/kernel: vanilla
19 db> boot/kernel/runscript: /usr/lib/catalyst-devel/targets/embedded/kmerge.sh
20 db> boot/kernel/vanilla/sources: =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.4.26
21 db> boot/kernel/vanilla/config: /root/kernel-config
22 db> boot/kernel/vanilla/gk_kernargs: --arch-override=x86
23 db> --linuxrc=/tmp/mergeroot/linuxrc
24 db> boot/kernel/vanilla/gk_action: all
25
26 db> help at all ?
27
28 Hm. Which one of these do you modify to install your linuxrc into
29 /tmp/mergeroot? It seems like boot/kernel/runscript (which isn't
30 documented in the 1.x release notes AFAICT) runs when you're already in
31 the chroot, so that's too late... no?
35 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
36 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
38 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
39 --
40 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list