From: Stephen Ward <sjward@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] custom kernel args
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 22:07:18
1 On 5/18/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 14:59 -0600, Stephen Ward wrote:
4 > > I've built a CD for the Apple PPC platform, and it works great except
5 > > for one thing. :) If I run lshw, it hangs the whole system when it
6 > > comes to the point of doing some framebuffer stuff. I've found that
7 > > if I pass "video=ofonly" to the kernel, then lshw works just fine. Is
8 > > there a line I can change in one of my spec files to cause that video
9 > > argument to be build in to my CD? I don't want to have to type it in
10 > > manually each time I boot.
11 > >
12 > > I've poked around in some catalyst files, and I've found
13 > > "custom_kopts" in bootloader-setup.sh, but I don't know how to control
14 > > that. Any hints?
15 >
16 > Yes. Read the documentation.
17 >
18 > From /usr/share/doc/catalyst-2.0.4/examples/livecd-stage2_template.spec:
19 >
20 > # This is a set of arguments that get passed to the bootloader for your
21 > CD. It
22 > # is used on the x86/amd64 release media to enable keymap selection.
23 > # example:
24 > # livecd/bootargs: dokeymap
25 > livecd/bootargs:
28 Thank you! I knew it had to be there somewhere. I've been staring at so
29 many random things today, I must have gotten cross-eyed and missed what was
30 right in front of my nose.
31
32 Thanks again,
33 Stephen Ward