From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] custom kernel args
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 22:03:28
1 On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 14:59 -0600, Stephen Ward wrote:
2 > I've built a CD for the Apple PPC platform, and it works great except
3 > for one thing. :) If I run lshw, it hangs the whole system when it
4 > comes to the point of doing some framebuffer stuff. I've found that
5 > if I pass "video=ofonly" to the kernel, then lshw works just fine. Is
6 > there a line I can change in one of my spec files to cause that video
7 > argument to be build in to my CD? I don't want to have to type it in
8 > manually each time I boot.
9 >
10 > I've poked around in some catalyst files, and I've found
11 > "custom_kopts" in bootloader-setup.sh, but I don't know how to control
12 > that. Any hints?
13
14 Yes. Read the documentation.
15
16 From /usr/share/doc/catalyst-2.0.4/examples/livecd-stage2_template.spec:
17
18 # This is a set of arguments that get passed to the bootloader for your CD. It
19 # is used on the x86/amd64 release media to enable keymap selection.
20 # example:
21 # livecd/bootargs: dokeymap
22 livecd/bootargs:
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
27 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
28 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
29 Gentoo Foundation