From: Erick Michau <balkira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] mount image.squashfs fails
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:56:47
1 Hi all,
2
3 I use catalyst-2.0-rc41, a stage3-2006.0 as a seed.
4
5 I have got an uncommon type of error whenever I boot from the livecd
6 created.
7 The livecd stops booting and displays the following error:
8
9 >> Mounting squashfs fielsystem
10 mount: Mounting /newroot/mnt/cdrom/image.squashfs on /newroot/mnt/livecd
11 failed: Invalid argument
12 >> Copying read-write image contents to tmpfs
13 cp: etc: No such file or directory
14 cp: root: No such file or directory
15 cp: home: No such file or directory
16 cp: var: No such file or directory
17 >> No cdupdate.sh script found, skipping...
18 >> Booting (initramfs) ......
19 chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory
20 Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
21
22 The boot process ends as described.
23 I understand that the problem is that the squashfs image cannot be mounted
24 therefore the rest cannot be done.
25 2 days before and using the same config files, it was working fine but as
26 soon as I have upgraded the portage tarball seed (using catalyst -s latest)
27 the problems have started.
30 Why would the squashfs FS not mount?
31
32 Thank you for your time and comprehension
33
34 Erick