From: Erick Michau <balkira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] mount image.squashfs fails
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:54:22
1 Hi again,
2
3 I guess it is more a personal system issue and has nothing to do with the
4 new snapshot. I have tried with different config files and I get the same
5 results as I know they work fine.
6
7 I guess too that it has something to do with the parameters passed to
8 "mount" when the livecd tries to mount the squashfs image and breaks the
9 chaining of the boot processes.
10
11 Still under investigation (and testing on another pc as well with the same
12 config files).
13
14 Thanks for reading.
15
16 Erick
17
18 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
19 From: Erick Michau <balkira@×××××.com>
20 Date: Apr 5, 2006 11:56 AM
21 Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] mount image.squashfs fails
22 To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
23
24 Hi all,
25
26 I use catalyst-2.0-rc41, a stage3-2006.0 as a seed.
27
28 I have got an uncommon type of error whenever I boot from the livecd
29 created.
30 The livecd stops booting and displays the following error:
31
32 >> Mounting squashfs fielsystem
33 mount: Mounting /newroot/mnt/cdrom/image.squashfs on /newroot/mnt/livecd
34 failed: Invalid argument
35 >> Copying read-write image contents to tmpfs
36 cp: etc: No such file or directory
37 cp: root: No such file or directory
38 cp: home: No such file or directory
39 cp: var: No such file or directory
40 >> No cdupdate.sh script found, skipping...
41 >> Booting (initramfs) ......
42 chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory
43 Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
44
45 The boot process ends as described.
46 I understand that the problem is that the squashfs image cannot be mounted
47 therefore the rest cannot be done.
48 2 days before and using the same config files, it was working fine but as
49 soon as I have upgraded the portage tarball seed (using catalyst -s latest)
50 the problems have started.
53 Why would the squashfs FS not mount?
54
55 Thank you for your time and comprehension
56
57 Erick