From: Jon Hood <jon@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: can't get past binutils
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:07:24
1 I found a workaround. What happens is that it balks on the bison
2 package; ylwrap isn't built correctly. However, to build the latest
3 bison, you need to have a working c++ compiler, and when bootstrapping,
4 you normally start with a stripped-down c compiler (iirc). The
5 workaround is to chroot /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/stage2*, then
6 "emerge gcc bison", remove all except for the "unpack" file in the
7 /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/.autoresume-stage2*/, and re-try building the
8 stage tarball you were on (for me, this is stage2). Kinda sloppy, but it
9 seems to be working for me.
10 -Jon
11
12 Todd Williams wrote:
13 > Jon Hood <jon@...> writes:
16 >> For the past few days, I've been trying to get binutils to build with
17 >> catalyst. Has anyone else been running into this problem?
20 > I've been having the same problem (identical error message). I've
21 > tried to work
22 > around the problem by using both catalyst v1&2 as well as masking out
23 > binutils-2.16.1 in favor of an older version- all attempts result in
24 > the same
25 > failure.
26 >
27 > The 2.16.1 ebuild of binutils builds fine under most circumstances
28 > including my
29 > stage1 builds, but consistently dies during my stage2 builds. I first
30 > noticed
31 > this problem with a snapshot from late March. My previous snapshot
32 > from Jan 27
33 > has the same version of binutils and builds just fine, so I suspect
34 > the problem
35 > was introduced elsewhere in the portage tree.
36 >
37 > Anyway, if anyone has suggestions for a solution it would be much
38 > appreciated.
39 >
40 > --
41 > Todd