From: Todd Williams <tcwill@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: can't get past binutils
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:47:52
1 Jon Hood <jon@...> writes:
4 > For the past few days, I've been trying to get binutils to build with
5 > catalyst. Has anyone else been running into this problem?
8 I've been having the same problem (identical error message). I've
9 tried to work
10 around the problem by using both catalyst v1&2 as well as masking out
11 binutils-2.16.1 in favor of an older version- all attempts result in
12 the same
13 failure.
14
15 The 2.16.1 ebuild of binutils builds fine under most circumstances
16 including my
17 stage1 builds, but consistently dies during my stage2 builds. I
18 first noticed
19 this problem with a snapshot from late March. My previous snapshot
20 from Jan 27
21 has the same version of binutils and builds just fine, so I suspect
22 the problem
23 was introduced elsewhere in the portage tree.
24
25 Anyway, if anyone has suggestions for a solution it would be much
26 appreciated.
29 Todd
33 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list